Monday, May 12, 2014

Greetings, traveler.

And so we come to the last chapter, in which Pooh and Christopher Robin go to the enchanted part of the forest, and we say goodbye.

"Goodbye? Oh no, please. Can't we just go back to page one and do it all over again?"

Sorry, Pooh, but all stories have an ending, you know.

"Oh, bother."

WARNING: If you don't like cheesy/cliche-y/saccharine overload/Pooh bear, don't read. On second thought, if you don't like Pooh bear, reevaluate your existence.

The time has come. All of my countless and sorrowful hours spent awake with a few ounces of caffeine in my bloodstream has boiled down to this. Alas, 'tis the last week before finals in my undergraduate career. It is actually numerically impossible for me to procrastinate any longer. Let's grieve together; misery loves company.




There's no coincidence that "studying" is a combination of "student" and "dying." (Also not a coincidence that there's a "die" in "diet"). But despite my melancholic tribulations, there's something sweet about the end. Aristotle says, "The end of labor is to gain leisure." And while I continue to behave melodramatically, above all, I know that I have not yet tasted true strife. It's quite terrifying to think only the best days of my life have passed. (Points to self, Okay, Madame Bovary, enough with your whining). Perhaps I'm just cranky because I've never looked more forward to my summer reading list than I have now.

My undergraduate experience is filled to the brim with sentiments of ephemeral people, places, assignments, and memories. "Sometimes," said Pooh, "the smallest things take up the most room in your heart." I could not have asked for a more pleasant experience and I am so grateful to have spent the past four years in a place that is slightly dysfunctional, but still worthy of calling it home.There's hope in tomorrow, but time is unsteady and ultimately, manmade. If and when the winds of change come sweeping, I know I'll somehow always land back to the place that gave me friends, comfort, laughs, cries, severe confusion/frustration, but above all, happiness, acceptance, and courage.

We're sunsetting some of our fabulous writers with this week's posts. Wish us luck as we transition into the next phases of our lives. Stay tuned for more awesomeness to come in the fall! Who knows, maybe we'll have some new categories to satisfy your Boylan Blog hunger. A very special thanks to Dr. Roni Natov and the interns of S2014 that allowed the semester to run smoothly and produce a fabulous edition of The Junction! Be sure to stop by 3416 Boylan to pick up your copy.
And as my esteemed effendi Pooh says, "How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard."


But until then...


Forever,

NH

Quote, Quote

Meme, Meme, Meme, Meme

Gif, Gif

No comments:

Post a Comment