Monday, October 13, 2014

Currently Eating



Coffee Banana Smoothie


Recently, I’ve started experimenting with different kinds of smoothies. I don’t like to eat as soon as I wake up, so having a smoothie is the perfect alternative. I get the right nutritional and caloric intake necessary to give me a great boost of energy in the morning. The most recent smoothie I made was a coffee banana smoothie. Of course, you would have to like coffee and bananas to enjoy this smoothie. What I like about this smoothie is I get the caffeine that I normally crave in the morning, plus the potassium rich benefits from the banana. It’s a really simple recipe and easy to make.

You’ll need:
3/4-1 cup fresh brewed coffee, cooled
1 banana
1-2 tablespoon honey or sugar
2 ice cubes
1 1/2 cups yogurt
1 teaspoon cinnamon

Instructions:
*Cool down the coffee placing it in the freezer for 10 minutes. Meantime slice the banana onto a plate and put that in the freezer as well, to chill.
*Combine the coffee, banana, ice and honey or sugar in a blender and blend until smooth.
*Add the yogurt and any of the remaining ingredients you wish to use.
*Transfer to the glasses and serve cold.

Sip & Enjoy!

-Chana

No comments:

Post a Comment