Monday, February 23, 2015

FKA Twigs





Lately, I’ve been jamming to this lovely songstress who hails from Gloucestershire, England. I stumbled upon her name after reading a list of top ten females of colour to listen to in 2014. Before clicking on the link to her music, I was intrigued by her album artwork. I’m a sucker for a beautiful album cover. It was of a beautiful, baby faced, photoshopped, brown skin goddess, with two high buns, serving beat face and hair laid for the gods. The first song I listened to was “Papi Pacify.” I was instantly hooked! Her voice is delicate, but is impressively haunting. Her lyrics, although simple and repetitive, draw you into a trance. It’s wonderful music for a long train ride, or for walking, sleeping, writing. My second fave jam by her is “Two Weeks.” I love the melody, the tone, and the lyrics are fresh. And by “fresh,” I mean, well, check it out:


Song with Lyrics:
 

Video, Two Weeks:

 Video, Papi Pacify:

 
                                     



-Bex

No comments:

Post a Comment