Monday, March 9, 2015

Currently Eating 3/9


I’m of the opinion that everyone needs to have at least one hyper-impressive recipe in their repertoire, because you never know when you’re going to need to impress random individuals. I’m a poor college student, so most recipes are easy, cheap, and with only a handful of ingredients. But I find mole sauce to be the most impressive sauce one can make, and so I needed to conquer it. After reading wikipedia articles about mole and running to the store for two weird ingredients, I was ready to kick some ass.
Ingredients~
  • salt & pepper
  • 1 cup water
  • 3 dried chiles
  • 1/2 yellow onion
  • 3 cloves garlic
  • 1 can tomato sauce
  • 1/3 cup sugar
  • cinnamon
  • .75 oz baking chocolate
I’m ready when you are~
  1. Alright, onions take longest to cook, right? That’s a thing? So I guess I’ll throw in the onion with some water and spices and get that shit infused. What spices do I use? I don’t have any authentic Mexican spices except those damn dried chiles I got for this. Welp, they’re going in. Is salt and pepper a thing in Mexico? Fuck, I mean probably. Throw salt, pepper, water, chiles, and onion in a pot together and simmer for 20 minutes.
  2. Garlic. Garlic goes in everything. I better damn well like it this is taking forever and I’m impatient. I love that chocolate is a thing in mole it’s genius it’s so damn genius yessss. Stir in garlic, tomato sauce, sugar, cinnamon, and chocolate. Mix until a homozygous mixture.
Results~
My tastebuds. My tastebuds are in love. I cooked these in homemade tortillas with black beans and greek yogurt in the oven for 20 minutes at 375F. 10/10 would eat forever.

2 comments:

  1. http://www.batremovalgeneseecounty.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/mole.jpg

    ReplyDelete
  2. http://www.batremovalgeneseecounty.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/mole.jpg

    ReplyDelete