Monday, April 20, 2015

Currently Eating 4/20 BLAZE IT


To celebrate 4/20, we're going to have a chemistry lesson about how the oils in nutella aid the release of THC in cannabis and get you stoned. KIDDING, guys - though now I want to teach y'all about that. I'm just going to leave this knowledge, and then continue on with what I had planned to talk about before learning Monday would be 4/20 (BLAZE IT). This is how cooking with cannabis works: raw cannabis has THCA in it (nonpsychoactive), but then the heat from burning/vaping/cooking cannabis decarboxylates it and makes THC (psychoactive). Weird, eh?

Now, what I'd like to talk to everyone about is this: I don't have a blender. I'm not a huge fan of creamy soups or smoothies, so this isn't that big of a deal, right? Wrong. I'm not a huge fan of creamy soups or smoothies, but I adore spreads and I'd probably kill a person for some really good homemade peanut butter. And so recently I've been obsessed with the idea of deconstructed spreads. This began with hummus, which is what I'll be talking about.

Deconstructed Hummus

Ingredients:
Chickpeas, rinsed and drained (however many feels right)
Tahini (again, feel it with your heart, man)
Lemon juice (just a smidge)
Salt and pepper (more pepper than salt)

Instructions:
  1. Literally just mix everything and taste as you go. Easy as all hell.

To be fair, I did attempt to make actual hummus by doing the above steps and then smooshing it with a fork for half an eternity (okay, probably like five minutes before deciding it was good enough). However, it was super chunky - so try that if you like it like that. If not, and if you have a blender, MAKE HUMMUS ALWAYS. Even better, do the world and yourself a favor and make guac. Best yet, make peanut butter; if you're doubtful, ask me to describe homemade peanut butter. Poet Dean Young once wrote: "I was satisfied with haiku until I met you,/ Now I want a Russian novel,/ a 50-page description of you sleeping." This is how I feel about peanut butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment