Monday, April 27, 2015

Poem of the Week: E.E. Cummings (+1)



I Like My Body When It Is With Your

i like my body when it is with your
body. It is so quite new a thing.
Muscles better and nerves more.
i like your body.  i like what it does,
i like its hows.  i like to feel the spine
of your body and its bones,and the trembling
-firm-smooth ness and which i will
again and again and again
kiss, i like kissing this and that of you,
i like, slowly stroking the,shocking fuzz
of your electric furr,and what-is-it comes
over parting flesh….And eyes big love-crumbs,

and possibly i like the thrill

of under me you so quite new

-E.E. Cummings

This is the love poem you give to the one you might love, eventually.
I like this poem. I like the movement of this poem. It's body. It's what-abouts. I like the rhythm. The sounds the words make when reading this poem. I like the playfulness in this piece, making love sound like it is supposed to; exciting and fun. This poem is the fine line of infatuation that you walk when you're starting a new relationship, or realizing the intricacies of the intimacy you've been having with a significant other for any amount of time. How lovely.

(I'm just going to leave this poem right here, because... Bukowski)

Alone with everybody

the flesh covers the bone
and they put a mind
in there and
sometimes a soul,
and the women break
vases against the walls
and the men drink too
much
and nobody finds the
one
but keep
looking
crawling in and out
of beds.
flesh covers
the bone and the
flesh searches
for more than
flesh.

there's no chance
at all:
we are all trapped
by a singular
fate.

nobody ever finds
the one.

the city dumps fill
the junkyards fill
the madhouses fill
the hospitals fill
the graveyards fill

nothing else
fills.

-Charles Bukowki

I like the juxtaposition of this Bukowski  poem and E.E. Cummings'. It is grim, this route.

-Bex

No comments:

Post a Comment