Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Currently Eating: NOTHING?!?!?!?!?! 9/16


Hey y'all, so first I'm going to apologize for the way this may be even more erratic than my usual posts. I blame the fact that I just had coffee and my body and brain are buzzing like a li'l bee. But today we are going to discuss one of the lifestyle experiments I attempted over the summer, and one that I promptly failed at.

For those of you who may not know, and I couldn't blame you, Soylent was a food alternative created by a man named Rob Rhinehart. It aimed to eliminate a person's need for real food completely by supplying the necessary nutrients, vitamins, and minerals to a person in the form of liquid gunk. Feel free to explore further. So me being me and constantly looking to try new things, I batted around the idea of going on Soylent cold turkey. However, upon reading the nutrition information I found it didn't give me the stuff I was looking for. The macronutrient ratio was way off for my body specifically; the amounts were too high and there wasn't enough iron for my taste. So I marked it as a pipe dream and gave up the thought. In fact, I even once wrote a blog here about Soylent: check it out, my brodudes.

This past summer, though, my interest in Soylent was recharged. I bought a sample size just to give it a whirl, and then got to planning. I was going to make my own. There are websites online (interestingly, often sponsored by Soylent) that detail for an individual the exact daily intake they need. All I had to do was research my sources of nutrition and plug the numbers in. And so I did it. I made Soylent. And I was going to test it for a month.

That lasted for a little under a week. Turns out, when you're getting the daily recommended fiber with not a whole lot of carbs, it's important to drink like five times the amount of water a normal person drinks. And when you forget one time and guzzle down only six glasses after consuming your weird-ass nutrient drink, your body will try to rip itself from itself. Pain. So much pain.

And so what am I currently eating now? Peanut butter, mainly. That shit is so good.


No comments:

Post a Comment