Monday, October 5, 2015

Currently Watching 10.5.15


Dating Myself (ish)

I apologize for hopping on the train of Non-Traditional Watching posts, but Courtney's post last week reminded me of something I've been "watching" that isn't a show or movie. I'm really not trying to be obnoxiously artsy, I swear. But I guess no one ever INTENDS on being pretentious, do they?

...Oh well.


I tend to have long stretches of free time paired with spurts of work (usually because I work either days or minutes before assignments are due). People inhabit that free time usually. I can't be alone, but I get real 2D when I'm not for too long.

I take myself on dates. Sounds pathetic, doesn't it? It very well might be. I pick up a coffee, a paper, and glue myself to a location of a particularly momentous episodic memory of mine. I bring a notebook, a pen, and sit nearby the imprint of that past (to watch it).

In that notebook, I watch and write to people around me (including the memory playing and replaying near me). This past week there was another writer staring in my direction but not at me, writing. My dripping Romantic (with a capital "R") heart of course started a conversation with him.



And then I started craving a veggie burger.




Oi vey. And you thought some of my blog posts were neurotic. You have to understand, this is purely my thought process represented on paper (saying that doesn't really help my situation, does it).

This is what I "watch" when I'm feeling flat from too many YouTube videos, too much social stimulation, and too much me. 

I wholeheartedly recommend dating yourself, because you actually don't spend too much time with yourself. Especially when a veggie burger awaits you.

--Alex
P.S. I went to a Stromae concert this past Thursday, so I watched that too. You watch it too!



P.P.S. Hope this post wasn't too #indie#hipster#vintage#grunge Tumblr-esque ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡°)

No comments:

Post a Comment