Monday, November 30, 2015

Currently Eating 30.11.15


SO, as you may have known, it was Thanksgiving last Thursday!!
Here is a Thanksgiving video that had me in tears:



To be honest, I don't know much about its origins because no one celebrates this holiday in Argentina (although my mom did make us celebrate it because she loves the food). But, whatever the reasons were, I love the type of celebration that it has become today. I celebrated it with my brothers and cousin and friends and I ATE SO MUCH DELICIOUS FOOD!!!! We had the turkey, we had the stuffing, the mac and cheese, the salad, the rice with broccoli and three types of different cheeses, that thing that has peppers and caramelized onions, and, let us not forget, we had blueberry pie, pumpkin pie and lemon creamy dessert. Oh and we also had a great time blah blah.


What I like about Thanksgiving, or Friendsgiving, is that everyone brings something to share. I always like parties like that, especially if they involve food. I brought the Lemon Creamy Dessert and it was a success. And its sooooo easy to make. I'm translating the original recipe from Spanish (bear with me) just for you, because, and I don't mean to brag, it is a delicacy and you must have it.

What you'll need:
- 16 Graham cookies already made in crumbs
-  1/4 cup of melted butter (1/2 a stick)
-  1 1/2 cups of heavy whipping cream
-  1 can of condensed milk
-  finely grated peel of one lemon
- 1/2 of lemon juice (roughly 2 lemons)

How to make the crust:
In a plastic bag, break the graham cookies with a rolling pin until they are crumbs. In a bowl, mix the graham crumbs and melted butter and later put it in a crystal baking dish and push with your fingers. Bake for 10 minutes in a moderate temperature and then put in the fridge.

How to make the filling:
Put the cream in a big bowl and beat it until soft peaks start to form. Set aside.
In another bowl, mix condensed milk, grated lemon peel and lemon juice. Then add the cream.
Put mixture in the baking dish with crust and let chill for at least 2 hours before serving.

How to eat:
At first cut the dessert as you would do with any other pie and serve. Enjoy the delicious dessert as it melts in your mouth.
Then, when it's late at night and most people have left, grab the fork and dig in directly, no need in pretending you're civilized anymore.

I hope you guys had a wonderful thanksgiving and I hope that you ate a lot of food :)

-Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment