Monday, December 7, 2015

Currently Eating 12.7.15


I'm honestly currently eating my tears, because I, like the doofberry I am, thought I could overcome writer's block with my ungodly love of food.

Turns out, I can't. And I'm just sitting here, listening to Lacrimosa because it's that time of the year, and looking like this:

Playing either Taps, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, or Darude - Sandstorm

I wouldn't recommend eating one's nails, blocks of Polly-O mozzarella cheese, or single plain pieces of untoasted bread, but that's the kind of life I've been living. All drizzled with Sriracha to drown the pain away, of course.

So I'm going to provide you readers with a list of places with cheap & delicious food. Wave your handkerchief with your under-exercised noodle arms, weary and heartbroken, at those final papers, projects, and tests as if they're riding a train into the English countryside. I know you can't cook anymore; those ingredients, pots, pans, and utensils have become but metaphors of this futile existence we are living. Ladies and gentlemen, it's time...to...

  • Fisherman's Cove (2147 Nostrand Ave, Brooklyn, NY 11210): we're going to start close and slowly branch ourselves out, okay? Move your fellow noodle legs to this haven of jerk chicken, cabbage, mac & cheese, and plantains. Just DO IT. Don't let your dreams be dreams.
  • Dun-Well Doughnuts (222 Montrose Ave Brooklyn, NY 11206): best donuts to ever donut. And they're vegan, too!
  • Breads Bakery(18 E 16th St, New York, NY 10003): Inhale the chocolate rugelach.
  • Grill 21 (346 E 21st St, New York, NY 10010): Cute, small restaurant for some awesome Filipino home cooking!
  • Sal, Kris & Charlie's Deli (33-12 23rd Ave, Astoria, NY 11105): Sandwiches the size of your shortest friend! Da Bomb is da bomb and The Italian is, too.
  • Levain Bakery (167 W 74th St, New York, NY 10023): The best chocolate chip cookies in the city. Crispy, huge, and (dare I say) moist. $4 a piece, but they're the size of four cookies, so...           ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Flor de Mayo (484 Amsterdam Ave, New York, NY 10024): A Peruvian-Chinese plates that gives you the diner-ish comfort you need.
  • For the Westchester/Yonkers/adventurous people (because I know there's at least one!), Lefteris Gyro in Tarrytown is proof of a higher power.
Happy finals, everyone. 

Love you all,
Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment