Monday, December 7, 2015

Currently Listening 12.7.15


Finals are upon us.

And you know what that means?

Dancing by yourself to de-stress!

I love dancing by myself and for some weird reason it gives me confidence that I am going to kill that Final Paper or that Final Exam. And therefore, I have created a playlist for you guys so that you can dance in the comfort of your own room while no one is watching and tell your self that YES you can do this. Because I am sure, so positive, that you can do this. We are almost done, one more extra hurdle and it's vacations, you guys! Besides, I hope that the following clips provide you much dance inspiration and I know it will make you wanna dance.

Then He Kissed Me - The Crystals
My favorite opening credits of all time.

Come And Get Your Love - Redbone
My second favorite opening credits of all time.

Hey Mickey - Toni Basil
My favorite ending credits of all time.

Canned Heat - Jamiroquai
My favorite dance moves to imitate. YES IM SERIOUS.

Let Her Dance - Bobby Fuller Four
My favorite song to dance to when I'm alone in the ENTIRE house.

Super Freak - Rick James
I NEED THIS GIRLS CONFIDENCE! She won't stop dancing for nobody!

Swing Dance from A League Of Their Own
Can we talk about how cool Madonna is?

Bout It - Yung Joc Feat. 3lw
MY FAVORITE DANCE SCENE OF ALL TIME.

Jump - The Pointer Sisters
Hugh Grant and I have the same moves.

BONUS!
Under Pressure - Freddie Mercury and Bowie
True story: my oldest brother and I sang and danced to this song in a Karaoke night bar. It was a disaster but we had so much fun.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some badass dance scenes but at least I have inspired you to dance! To de-stress! To gain a lil confidence even if it's just a millisecond! And I know I did because these songs are so irresistible, one has to dance to them.

What I like about dancing on my own is that nothing matters. I can dance however I want and I am under no judgement. It is one of those magical moments where I become my freest, my most me (if that makes sense) because I am dancing just for me; there is a certain power in doing that, a certain invincibility. I take those moments every chance I get.

Here's to weird dancing and catchy tunes!

-Alana

No comments:

Post a Comment