Monday, December 14, 2015

Currently Watching 12.14.15



Has anyone heard of Marianne Williamson? Neither had I, until I accidentally found myself watching this video about a month ago. I had wanted to post about it as soon as I found it but didn't get the chance to.

I have the bad habit of tending to approach most media with skepticism instead of curiosity, so before she began speaking I have to say, I was not anticipating some of the things she had to say.

Questions that I have about this video are probably more illuminating than writing to try and say more than what she has said. One of these questions is whether you believe, given her glaring privilege, that what she is saying somehow has less merit. Another is whether you think that this is simply an anomaly in the world of religion, or if this is the way in which religion is evolving, given the fact that this speech was given earlier in 2015. I'm really curious to hear what people think.

I think that a good way to cope with suffering is to remember that the more one goes through, the greater weight their words can have and the more people can be reached. In this case Marianne is reaching out to everyone by channeling the spirit and wisdom of womanhood in order to redeem a system which is corrupt.

So: without further ado here is Marianne Williamson's speech at the Parliament of World Religions this year.



-- Anna

No comments:

Post a Comment