Monday, March 7, 2016

Currently Eating 3.7.16


I don't get sick.
I mean, technically I do, seeing how I'm not exactly well at the moment. But it is really rare for me to fall ill, and when it happens I'm not sick for more than a day or two. The reason for this is simple:

Okay, it's not this simple, but we'll get into that later.
Green (olive-toned?) smoothies! It tastes much better than it looks, I promise.
A couple years ago, my sister got a Nutribullet. Ever since then I've been (the only person in my household) using it to make smoothies.
Although I drink this stuff every day, I've been feeling under the weather lately. Eating takes a lot of effort when I've got such an itchy throat, so I rely largely on my smoothies for quick, easy nourishment.
This particular smoothie is made of blueberries, pear, apple, kiwi, cucumber, kale, carrots, spinach and cucumbers - skin, seeds, and all for the widest range of nutrients.
 --- Except for pear and apple seeds, because no one wants cyanide poisoning ---

I tend to drink those smoothies for breakfast, but for lunch, I like to eat these babies:
Look at them. They are beautiful. They are delicious. They make me happy.
The sour-sweet combination soothes my throat and tastes great. I don't need sugar because grapefruits are perfect the way they are, with their Vitamin C and their pre-sectioned flesh.
Amazing.

Aside from my suspiciously hued smoothies and grapefruits, I take other steps to keep my sickness from lasting more than a couple days. 
Enter Apple Cider Vinegar.

Not for the weak-nosed...or stomached...or minded...
I'll be 100% honest with you - I hate this stuff. It smells like the Devil's piss and tastes like a curse. Its tang is overwhelming, and if you think there's any remnant of apple-y deliciousness left in this fluid you're a hopeful, hopeful creature.
Still, I take a shot or two of Apple Cider Vinegar when I feel a cold coming or have a sore throat. It burns my throat and chest when I drink it, but afterwards I make sure to drink a water and lemon juice chaser to wash out the taste, and honey to soothe my throat.

These are not the prettiest, yummiest ways to get better/prevent sickness, but they have been pretty effective for me. I can't tell you it will always work, but I will say that the key to all of this is to know your body, and catch that bug early!

Stay well!
Renee

1 comment:

  1. I love home remedies because all of these chemicals are killing me softly plus I drink enough soda so I need to get in touch with the natural goodness in the world.

    ReplyDelete