Monday, March 21, 2016

Magic Hat 3.21.16


Eat, Pray, Pepe

I promise that I'll eventually figure out how to actually be a profound and meaningful writer, but for now here's to a junk food post [Like Funyuns...that's it. This post aspires to be like a bag of Funyuns.] about my best friend, Pepe the Frog.

[Though I'm pretty sure that my vegan ass will have to shamefully settle for these bougie Trader Joe's 'Baked Onion Rings'...along with my Lightly Charred Doodles and popcorn shaved from a gently aged ear of corn that lived a good life before the stock market crash of 2008]


Last weekend, I temporarily swiped the office Pepe (Secret Santa gift courteous of Christian). I recorded our intimate instances together. Go to the GoodReads page of quotes for "Eat, Pray, Love" and read them in the context of my relationship with Pepe, because it's somehow the funniest thing ever (I've never personally read the book or seen the movie, but I found myself on this page for some unknown reason 10 minutes before writing this). God, this post is getting weird.

Here are the photos I took, presented like some weird art installation hidden in the bathrooms of MoMA.

"I like watching you sleep. It sorta fascinates me." --Edward Cullen, Twilight
 
I think that Good Mythical Morning episode was about 28.000 rubber duckies falling into the ocean.

"The hills are alive/with the sound of denial" -- The Sound of Music* 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cwkej79U3ek
[Add Your Own Caption Contest]
You can see that I really love baguettes and arugula
"Remember: Pepe=Love. Love your Pepe. Love yourself." --Ann Brashares, The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants*
"Sunday in the Park with Pepe"*

You have now exited "What Did I Just Read" and are now entering "Alex, That was a Bit Too Much."

Much love,
Alex


*not an actual quote/title

No comments:

Post a Comment