Monday, September 19, 2016

Illuminations 9.19.16


Ever see yourself all alone, like a tiny flame ready to be burnt out? Sometimes I do. There were times in my life I felt hated, loathed or afflicted by some curse. That curse was self-inflicted; it was loneliness. Stuck in my former shell, I could only look at the world through a window, alone and dejected. All I saw was darkness. 

"When there is darkness, look for the light"

But one day, in the darkness I found a glimmer of light, something to latch onto. I had wandered out into the world, wondering what could be those tiny embers scattered throughout the distance of the darkness could be? 
It was my curiosity which allowed me to take that step, because aren't we all curious? Don't we all find new things fascinating? We were not born to be lonesome creatures. 

To thine own self be true, and it must follow, as the night the day, thou canst not then be false to any man.

We are all linked together by an inextricable bond, something I like to call a human bond. So many people question who we are and where we come from, but that doesn't matter, because we are capable of seeing more than just the surface. Each of us is like an ocean, ready to be explored and mapped out, only to realize that we contain universes of depth in each and every one of us. 


The way I see it, our fates appear to be intertwined... So, what do you say? Why not help one another on this lonely journey?

Take that bonfire for instance (the image you might've been looking at a couple seconds ago) and think about what it signifies.

It is where we can sit down, relax ourselves, and share our stories with one another. Take a moment to stare into those embers which dance around the dark. It is soothing. That bonfire is more than just a bonfire, it is the linking of our paths and our worlds. Before you lies myself and the millions of stories shared with this bonfire. So, are you afraid? Don't be. In you is a human soul, the most beautiful thing in existence. All of us are linked together. If you ever find yourself lost in the dark of misery, look for the light of humanity. (Aristotle once said "Man is by nature a social animal;)

It's hard, I KNOW. I'm shy, just as i'm sure a lot of you are. I want you all to know that you're not alone. This picture of the bonfire helps me remember that none of us are in this world alone. 

Don't be afraid, because the only thing you have to be afraid of is fear itself. All of us are in this world together.

*I highly recommend reading Walt Whitmans SONG OF MYSELF if you're feeling bummed out*

That's it from me. Enjoy the read~





-Onur 



No comments:

Post a Comment